Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pure Randomness #003 - Chris Brown On Vacation!

Photobucket
Chris Brown pictured here in his "Thug Life" pose. "Yeah. Look at my muscles." What a douchebag.

Now, I know this is horrible. But, I don't know the full situation between hip-hop/R&B singers/performers Rihanna and Chris Brown. Should we base all of Chris Brown's past, present, and future behavior over one incident when he took a lyric from "Boyz n the Hood" literally and allegedly beat Rihanna? Maybe. Maybe not. There probably is a logical reason why she probably took him back. Maybe it really was a fluke incident and not really reflective of Chris Brown's behavior. Maybe he's great in the sack. Who the f--k knows and who the f--k cares. We'll learn eventually when Rihanna becomes our generation's Whitney Houston and after she embarrasses herself and her career by saying some really stupid things on par with "Crack is whack" and one of Chris Brown's songs gets covered horribly by the biggest teeny-bopper female star out there like what Britney did to Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative." God, that cover sucked.

But, this Pure Randomness post is not about Rihanna and Chris Brown. Not directly, anyway. It's about the covers of the supermarket tabloids like the US Weekly above. They, along with the paparazzi, decided to go after the couple during their recent vacation to a beach (really don't care where). And, of course, 4 tabloids - US, OK, In Touch, and Star, all had covers devoted to the couple this week, with In Touch deciding to go with easy Photoshopping two file photos instead of using the on-assignment paps. What they chose for the Chris Brown cover photos really inspired me to comment on them. Like US Weekly's above. Half of what I'm thinking about when I see "Thug Life" CB makes me think of him as a "Wanksta". Reason? I know he dances for a living! I may be a nerd who loves punk, rock, and Japanese pop, but I study about pop culture and been exposed to MTV and VH1, along with attending a Historically Black College and University (Go Savannah State!) to know what Chris Brown does for a living; it also makes me feel confident to also call him my generation's Bobby Brown. Can't wait to see his potential criminal record. Until then, here's more covers!

Photobucket
Here, we have Star's pick. Note the fact that it's an insert pic, just like US Weekly's (did a good zoom job on that). The zoomed-in on aspect of it, along with Brown's pose, head tilt, and facial expression, makes me think of one of two quotes: "Huh?" and "Where's My Dinner, Woman!" Clearly, the paps and Star want Rihanna to dump Mr. Brown. Also of note is Rihanna's apparent disgust. What is she giving the look to and why? Is it because the paps are there? Did Chris Brown do something stupid? Did she get the wrong order?

Photobucket
Next is OK Weekly's cover. Rihanna looks happy and has her arm around Chris' neck. Two things could have been running through her mind: "I'm so happy to be here!" or "I'm about to choke that bitch Chris Brown's neck!" As for Chris Brown's facial expression, a few things, the two dominant ones being anger ala Gears of Awesome or the Howard Dean scream.

Photobucket
Finally, In Touch went with file photos. The way they're Photoshopped together makes me think Rihanna is cautious about Chris. Menwhile, Chris is rocking one s**t-eating grin right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment