Wednesday, May 13, 2009

VOTM: "Playing With The Boys" on Top Gun Day



This is Video of the Moment, or VOTM, a whenever-I-feel-like-it series of post highlighting a certain video that I'm liking for the moment. And, today, I'm liking Top Gun, a 1986 movie about US Navy pilots attending a fighter school for advanced pilots. Today, May 13, is Top Gun Day, a fusion of Talk Like A Pirate Day and Tom Cruise. In celebration, here's a video. Above, is one of the most infamous scenes in Top Gun, where Tom Cruise, Gilbert from Revenge of The Nerds, Val Kilmer, and some other dude who isn't as famous as the other three play volleyball. It's so infamous, there's an easter egg on the recently-released iPhone/iPod Touch game where you can play volleyball just by changing your pilot's name to "VOLLEYBALL". Plus, there's two more easter eggs (including another Tom Cruise reference) that are discussed here.

Also, if you're wondering who would win in the epic matchup between them, The Love Of Sports posted 5 reasons why should be rooting for the Ice...man!

Now, if you excuse me, I gotta sing "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" over on Lips for the 360. Who will be my Goose to my Maverick?

No comments:

Post a Comment