Tuesday, December 28, 2010

PROOF VIA PHOTOSHOP FOUND ON INTERNET (and my anticipated of 2011 - part 2)


Told ya Reggie was creepy at E3 2010. Eight more things I am anticipating in 2011 are beyond the break.


Fire Pro-Wrestling
There is a reason why Xbox Live is better than the PlayStation Network. One of those reason is the games; the Xbox Live Arcade platform is one of the best gaming services around. It also nets some exclusive titles. One of them in 2011 will be the latest game based on the long-running Fire Pro Wrestling series. The difference between this XBLA-exclusive title and those of the past is that the downloadable game will be in 3-D (that's 3-D graphics/gameplay and not the stereoscopic 3-D in theaters) and use the Xbox Avatars instead of using 2-D gameplay and sprites. While some diehards are crying foul, others like myself wanna get their hands on it. There is a craving to see the Xbox Avatars, introduced in 2008, be used beyond their current state of just standing around the Xbox 360 Dashboard. While Avatar games are increasing, the desire still stands like a homeless person craving for change. We want our Avatars to do more. That includes seeing them in a luchador mask doing suplex upon suplex.


Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood returns to [adult swim]
I'm still not yet warmed up to the latest Fullmetal Alchemist series, which returns to [adult swim] on January 8. Part of that involves the first series, which while not faithful to the original manga and diverged from it at a certain point, was excellent and a clear recommendation, especially for its English dub. Another part involves some of the elements present in Brotherhood that aren't in the first anime; the comedic, light-hearted, animation-style-shifting "farts" Brotherhood does are annoying and distract from the good series. And another involves those who think that Brotherhood is the best anime ever, because it is not and mainly due to the animation "farts". Maybe they don't show up at the end, but I don't have a boner for Brotherhood. That's not a cardinal sin. But that doesn't mean I'm not anticipating the airing of episode 27 onward on national television. The series is a faithful adaptation of the original manga and there are some solid dub performances, mainly from Vic Mignogna reprising his most-known role of series protagonist Ed Elric as he searches for the Philosophers' Stone with his brother to regain their bodies. It's a very good series and worth watching.


Gears of War 3
Let's get things straight: I am not a shooter fan. I suck at Goldeneye back on the N64. I don't give a rat's ass about Halo or Call of Duty. And the only times I was exposed to Gears of War were Gears of Awesome and spoilers from Internet exposure. I suck and proud to admit it because they aren't my thing. However, earlier this year, at the urging of my brother, I picked up the first Gears of War game and played online co-op with him. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed killing Locust upon Locust with my brother. So much so, that after we beat the first game, I bought Gears 2 for myself and played co-op at his house since he didn't have it (I have given him a copy for Christmas). I've also became absorbed in the Gears universe, reading the first novel Aspho Fields and picked up the first graphic novel. With three more novels left to read and probably a good half left of Gears 2 to beat, we'll have time to be ready when the final installment comes in the fall.


Green Lantern
I don't know what to say. I do like the Green Lantern character and storyline. He's my second favorite character in the DC Universe, number one being Batman. I do look forward to upcoming movie starring Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, a test pilot who stumbles upon a wrecked alien ship and becomes a space cop. And, I will see it in theaters. It's just that I'm not a big DC fanboy outside of Batman. I'm more of a Marvel person. But, I will see Green Lantern.


Homefront
Another shooter, this game surprised me when I was following the E3 2010 coverage. The main thing is its story, taking place in a near-future United States that became occupied by North Korea, who have been annexing countries and gaining power while the US collapsed economically. It was revealed creepily in its backstory trailer and got me hooked ever since. The solo campaign involves you joining a band of resistance fighters as you try to survive, while the multiplayer takes place during the initial invasion, where you fight and gain Battle Points to spend mid-game on weapons and vehicles. The plot is written by the dude behind Red Dawn. It's scary and is the opposite of Halo and Gears of War.


Hyperdimension Neptunia
I don't do a lot of PS3 gaming, on the account that the PS3 in my house is the family PS3 and is used mainly as a Blu-ray player. I wish I had more time to play games on it, but when I do get access, I wanna watch Burst Angel instead. Maybe once I get my own, I can finally finish up Folklore. However, while I don't play on the PS3, there are two games that I want that come to the PS3 in 2011; Hyperdimension Neptunia is one of them. Essentially Captain N meets console-tans, Neptunia sees a goddess who embodies a game console try to save the world of Gameindustri from pirated software with the help of others. It intrigued me since it was first revealed in Japan and I want to get it. Even if it means I'll spend more time staring at the box than playing the game.


Ikki Tousen: Great Guardians
Part of me is ashamed of this, but another part is not and see potential in one of the almighty fanservice series. For the uninitiated, Ikki Tousen is a fighting anime series that puts a bunch of Japanese high schoolers - mostly female - in a series of fights while loosely following of defying their destinies of the ancestors/namesakes from Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It's trashy, has a poor plot, and almost exists just to titillate people. However, it is somehow quite enjoyable as the series walks a fine line between taking itself seriously and just having a bit of fun at itself. It's decently animated, too, and the fights do deliver. Great Guardians is actually the third season of the series, following the original 13-episode first season and the 12-episode second season Dragon Destiny, which was released in 2010. I expect that Great Guardians will come out in 2011 and hope to watch it on my Xbox 360, where Ikki is somehow popular.

ZOMBIES
JFORCE: UNSTOPPABLE
One of the bright spots about Xbox Live is the Indie Games section, where independent developers can create and release their works to the Xbox 360. It's a great service and home to some good gems. In August, the XBLIG community had itself a bit of controversy and ethical dilemma as developer JFORCE Games - or at least the dev group's spokesperson - announced that they were going to make a massage game literally as a quick cash grab. They had good and reasonable intention, as they need money badly to make sure that development for their "dream game", UNSTOPPABLE. Their/his attitude drew ire amongst the XBLIG community including XBLIG success story James Silva, creator of XBLA title The Dishwasher; Silva and JFORCE are probably still feuding over Twitter as Silva - a supportive developer amongst the XBLIG community - continues to belittle JFORCE and JFORCE continue to boast how awesome UNSTOPPABLE will be. In either case, this "bad" publicity and the fall of my one-time favorite dev into an elitist prick has now made me anticipate UNSTOPPABLE just to see if this is a good game. And, when it comes out, everyone who follows XBLIG and regardless of their views of JFORCE will admit that at least the cutscenes and graphics from Flash animator Egoraptor are entertaining/decent.

Eight more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I think the trailer for this film interested a mass majority of movie goers. The film looked like it took place in a post apocalyptic future where humans have to go through a lot just for survival. the most remarkable thing was how quiet the trailer was, the use of silence seemed effective. I was also interested in seeing John Krasinski handle a major studio horror film. I watched The Hollars but I felt like this was Krasinski's time to make a big wave. happy death day review


    The film is about a family who live in solitude with their son and their deaf daughter. They must be careful to be absolutely quiet as there is something that lurks in the shadows and waits to hear sound to prey and attack. They must find a way to not only survive but work on a way to defeat what they are being hunted by. The film stars and is directed John Krasinski and real life wife. The great Millicend Simmonds (who is deaf in real life and also wonderful in Wonderstruck) is also in it. the devil's candy review


    The film uses silence so excellently. The film is dead quiet at many times and all you hear is the effective score or natural surroundings. It creates a wonderful atmosphere. The film also packs a real emotional bunch in its short duration length which was surprising. The performances are spot on. I can't help but point out (as many people already have) how stupid it is to have a baby in this type of environment. Makes no sense whatsoever. Apart from that, the film is worth your time. watch Avengers Infinity War online

    ReplyDelete