Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Day Of Drink! (aka St. Patrick's Day)


I live in Savannah, GA. And tomorrow (or today, since I was typing this late last night) is going to be one of the biggest days of the year for the city. Why? Because tomorrow's St. Patrick's Day, a holiday which lost all original meaning whatsoever and became nothing more than a holiday for drunkenness. Our city's parade is one of the largest in the country, either 2nd or 3rd biggest (always behind New York's). We dye a fountain green. And, the city will have to deal with drunks, crazed women kissing marching cadets from the local all-boys military school, and more drunks. Crap, the city even tried to contain the purchase of liquor in downtown Savannah (where the parade is held) into one district and have it fenced off, creating a drunk display for a local zoo.

I really have no clue if they're doing it again this year (I believe not) because I don't care about the parade. I've been to it before as a kid, and really have no interest to fight the crowds since I became older. In fact, while the parade happens, I'll be at work bagging groceries; yes, that's my job but it's not my career. But, for the few of you who read this blog (hey, bro!) and to the rest of the Interwebz, I wish all of you a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day. Or, ever since I saw the Family Guy episode "Peter's Two Dads," a happy and safe Day of Drink!

(I couldn't find a clip of FG where Peter and his biological dad start playing "The Game Of Drink," so you get the end of the episode where they engage in a musical number. Still suits the holiday, though. Either way, go watch "Peter's Two Dads" to commemorate the holiday. Even if it means you buying the episode off of Xbox Live or iTunes, or even getting the DVD, do it NOW!)

No comments:

Post a Comment